Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report footer that totals group footer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2002
US
I have a report based on a query that lists TransAmt and TransType (payments and denials of payment) to various health care providers. The report is grouped first on the provider then further grouped by TransType. For each provider I show a total for each TransType and a grand total for that provider.

At the end of my report, I want to show a grand total for each TransType but I can't figure it out. When I couldn't get the totals automatically by TransType I tried different calculated controls for each TransType (e.g., =Sum(TransAmt) where TransType like "Paid"). It didn't like the where clause so I tried to use an IIf. Can someone please steer me in the right direction?

Ann

Thanks, Pete. I've been away from Access for a year and a half and it's horrifying how much I've forgotten. Thanks for your timely and accurate feedback. My report now works perfectly!

Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back