Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report footer on first page

Status
Not open for further replies.

maite4676

Vendor
Feb 14, 2007
FR
Hello,

I need to print the information that is typical of report footers such as totals, banking account information on the fisrt page.

I tried to use the page footer section with the option "Keep minimal page footer".
This works if you have 2 page footer with approximately the same height. Otherwise, it will reserve the highest page footer.
I tried to duplicate the page footer without succes. I only prints the page footer a and b. I could not printer page footers c, d, e.
I am not even sure that the solution is using page footer.

DO you already have answer that kind of feature ?

Thanks,
Maite

You could have a page footer that only appeared for the first page. Right-click on the section and choose Format Section. Then choose the formula icon (x+2 and a pencil) for suppression.
Test pagenumber > 1

This will only show values as they are at the time, so it won't be right for a running total. What are you wanting to display?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I started by doing exactly what you are saying. But, this will reserve the page footer height on each bottom page of the report even if the page footer is suppressed.
Even worse, my report is in landscape format. So, I can not afford to loose such space at the bottom of each page.

Why not just put it in the Report Header? That's what I do with "Agency Totals" pages that I want to use as the cover sheet of reports.

It's helpful to say what you've already tried.

I think also you'll find that a suppressed section doesn't waste space.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Try inserting a report header_b and format it to print at the bottom of the page. You might be able to insert a crosstab to summarize your report results.

-LB

Whatever you currently have in the Report Footer - Headings, data fields, Summaries, etc., will display, and summarize, exactly the same way in the Report Header. So, assuming you have just what you want in the Footer, but your problem is you want it all on the 1st page, then you can just cut and paste everything in the Footer, to the Header.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back