Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Footer Issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LincolnMarkV

Programmer
Dec 22, 2003
US
Hello,

I have a report based on a query that gathers its parameter values from a combo box on a form. The combo box has a "Select All" value as well as each individual person in the combo box. The report footer contains a summary of the total activities of all of the individuals. My problem is that when you select just one person from the combo box, the summary is displayed on the 2nd page and is exactly the same as the summary for the individual.

My question is: How can I get the report footer summary to not appear when only one individual is selected from the combo box?

Thanks,
Dave

summary for the individual" suggests you have a person grouping. I would place a text box in your report footer:
Name: txtCount
Control Source: =Count(1)
Then add code to the On Format of the Report footer like:
Cancel = Me.txtCount =1

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

dhookom,

That worked perfectly. I have read a lot of your posts and they have always lead me in the right direction.

Have a Star!!!
DAve

Glad to help.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]

dhookom,

I have one other question now. This works perfectly except when I press the goto last page record selector on the bottom of the report. If I do that, it shows the report footer. If I click the goto next page record selector, it does not show the footer.

Very strange...

Please advise...

David

Figured it out...

I had the count in the header instead of the footer...

Duane,

This works but my page numbering is off. If I the report is 1 page, it will say 1 out of 2 on the bottom.

I think "can grow" and "keep together" property settings may have an adverse effect on page numbers as displayed on the screen. This is generally not a problem with the printed report. I don't have an answer other than changing some of the mentioned properties.

Duane MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back