Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc94

Technical User
Aug 1, 2003
US
I have a report based on a query. I need one of the report fields to get it's result from two different query fields.
Any help would be appreciated.

If I understand correctly, you can set the control source of the control to something like:
=[First Name] & " " & [Last Name]
Make sure the name of the control is not the name of a field.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Can I use something of this nature? I want the field to show if the person was admitted, to what unit and room number and if they are transfered, to what facility. This control source does not work but I thought maybe someone could fix it.
=Trim([PatientCareUnitDescription] & " " & [RoomNumber]) Or ([OtherFacilityDescription])

You can use the IIf() function to return one value or another. An example would be:

=IIf(IsNull([OtherFacilityDescription]), [PatientCareUnitDescription] & " " & [RoomNumber],[OtherFacilityDescription])
or
=Nz([OtherFacilityDescription],[PatientCareUnitDescription] & " " & [RoomNumber])

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

The Nz statement worked great.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back