Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report field width problem after conversion to Access 2010 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stable

Programmer
Mar 19, 2003
NZ
Hello,

I took the following steps to convert an Access 2003 database to Accesss 2010:

Created a blank Access 2010 database
Imported all objects from Access 2003 database.
Opened new 2010 database and checked reports. At least one report cannot now display date data in the column - i.e. it now has ####### indicating that the width allowed is not big enough. I have checked the field width and page setup and these values have not changed from the Access 2003 report values.

Any idea?

Cheers
Stable

... just kicked into my mind ...

default font in 2010 is Calibri - could you check that, perhaps Calibri is something too big to fit instead of eg. Arial.

Kind regards
Mirko
--------------------------------------
>>>>>> ... I am sure, some supportissues are a matter of PEBKAC ... <<<<<

Hi Mirko,

Both the Access 2003 & Access 2010 reports are using Century Gothic font size 9 so there is no variation there.

I have noted that Access 2010 have new control properties Left Padding, Right Padding, Top Padding & Bottom Padding. These had the value of 0.053cm after the conversion. However when I set these values to 0cm the problem remained.

Any other ideas?

cheers
Stable

Is the date printing in the same format? Both 2003 and 2010 should be using the regional settings and should print the same but I would verify that they are the same.

try to uncheck the "check for truncated number fields" in the "Access Options" - "Current Database"

Kind regards
Mirko
--------------------------------------
>>>>>> ... I am sure, some supportissues are a matter of PEBKAC ... <<<<<

Hello Axworthy and kermit01de,

Thanks for your quick response.
The date format are the same for both 2003 and 2010 version.

Yes unchecking the "check for truncated number fields" in the "Access Options" - "Current Database" solved the problem!!

Cheers
Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back