Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Field Not Growing Correctly With Transparent Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

plengeb

Programmer
Sep 23, 2011
US
Hello,

I have a report, and the "reason" field is one that can grow as needed. The following string is in the field: "MISSING IMPLEMENTATION PLAN, MISSING SERVICE LOGS FOR DATE OF SERVICE". I bolded “MISSING”, where the space hits the border. My standard setting for the border style is Transparent, and the space is causing the growing to not work properly. When I change the border style to Solid, the growing works correctly.

Can someone please explain why the growing is not working properly with the Transparent border, but does work correctly with the Solid border? Is there a fix for this?

Thank you so much.

Bill

I'm not sure why it isn't working. It might help if we knew the version of Access and type of text box (Rich Text I assume).

Have you considered changing the border color to match the background color?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

I'm using Access 2010. I have a text box (don't know what type). The text is Arial with a font size of 8. I changed the border color as you suggested, and that seems to be working. Thanks for the suggestion. Please let me know if you find out why the transparent border isn't working right.

Thanks again.

Bill

Do you know of a way to attach files here? I made pdf's which would show what's happening.

You can't add attachments in T-T. You would need to store the file on some web host like noted below the "Reply To This Thread" box.

Keep in mind that many of can't or won't open files from the web.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back