Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Duplication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjmiller24

Programmer
Aug 29, 2001
US
I have a unique identifier that is, say,
ID = 35
passed into the report. So, here is the code:
<a href=&quot; your Report</a>

However, I get the same report duplicated 4 times? If there is only one ID with the value of 35, in the database table, why does it do this?

I should note that this ID links to the IDs in other tables.

Thanks.

There is probably a one-to-many relationship to one of the other tables. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

How do I stop report duplication? I know, in SQL, you can make it display distinct sets of records. How do you do that in Crystal Reports?

In newer versions (8.x) you can use the &quot;Select Distinct&quot; option in the database menu. There is no option in older versions Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting

I have tried everything everyone has suggested, but I am still getting duplicate reports.

I can say that the IDs are definitely unique. My tables are linked via the unique IDs, so there should only be a one to one relationship.

I have also tried setting the reports to report only distinct values, but to no avail.

This is my basic SQL structure that comes from linking the databases together:

SELECT
&quot;MAIN&quot;.&quot;ID&quot;,
&quot;TABLE2&quot;.&quot;ID&quot;,
&quot;TABLE_N&quot;.&quot;ID&quot;
FROM
&quot;BIG&quot;.&quot;MAIN&quot; &quot;MAIN&quot;,
&quot;BIG&quot;.&quot;TABLE2&quot; &quot;TABLE2&quot;,
&quot;BIG&quot;.&quot;TABLE_N&quot; &quot;TABLE_N&quot;
WHERE
&quot;MAIN&quot;.&quot;ID&quot; = &quot;TABLE2&quot;.&quot;ID&quot; AND
&quot;MAIN&quot;.&quot;ID&quot; = &quot;TABLE_N&quot;.&quot;ID&quot;

Try pasting this into Crystal SQL designer and look at the records it returns...or clean it up and use another query tool

mjmiller,

You keep using the term 'reports'. Do you mean duplicate records in one report?

Do this test in the report design environment. Create a simple report using just one field from the first table. If there are no duplicates add the second table, link it and add another field from that table. Repeate until you have added all tables or until you see which is creating the duplicates. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back