Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report detail problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JezzaHyde

Programmer
Jul 29, 2002
AU
Hey folks,

I've searched through heaps of responses and tried all the different techniques...but i can't seem to fix my problem; that being that my detail section, although having its height set to 0.6cm, is producing large amounts of white space.
I tried setting the Can Grow/Shrink properties to Yes on all detail objects and even the detail section. I've even deleted everything out of the detail section and reduced it's size to 0, yet it still produces a white space approx 5cm high in the centre of the page.

Any ideas??

Thanks

-Jezza

Hi Jezza,
I'm facing the same problem. Would you mind to share with me your solution? thanks.

Hey wkng,

I can't remember the exact way that i fixed it, but the problem was with the page footer, not the detail section. Try extending the bottom of the footer as far down as it can go (that is, until you view in print preview and it tells you that the section is too big) and this should get you on your way.

I truely can't remember exactly how i fixed it, but i think this was how i did it.

HTH

-Jezza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back