Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Destination - Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

dky1e

Programmer
May 4, 2002
US
Hi,

I am using CE 9.0 and we are distributing this report as an email attachement.

Can I include the date of the report in the Subject of the email?

I don't have CE 9 here, but in CE 8.5 you could specify that a placeholder holding the datetime could be included in the name of the file.

-k

Synapsevampire is right, and that capability continues in CE 9. However, you don't need to include the date of the report in the email subject line -- it is the date that the email was sent.

"However, you don't need to include the date of the report in the email subject line -- it is the date that the email was sent."

LOL, that's what i'm saying... but "they" NEED the date and I won't argue.

Do you remember what is the placeholder tag?

Here it is: %SI_STARTTIME%

You can find all of the available placeholders on the Destination tab:
[ol][li]selecting SMTP as the destination[/li]
[li]choose the Set the values to be used at schedule time here option[/li]
[li]ensure that Attach report instance to email message is checked
[li]choose the Specified File Name option[/li][/ol]
The various placeholders are now accessible in the dropdown box labled Add a placeholder for a variable property

I was searching for ways to email more than one person with this functionality - we're on CE 9.0 - and came across this thread. Anyone know how to send the same report instance to more than one recipient?

Thanks!

jennifer.giemza@uwmf.wisc.edu

Okay - so stupid-me figured out my last question!

But now, when I schedule the report, I want the report instance to be attached to the email. I'm using the Acrobat format. For the File Name, if I choose the default file name, it distributes a .pdf file. But if I choose a specified file name, it distributes a file with no extension and pulls up the "Open With" box when the end user tries to open the attachment.

Any idea how to specify a file name and still maintain the .pdf file extension?

Thanks!

jennifer.giemza@uwmf.wisc.edu

Hi,
Did you specify the .pdf extension when you gave it the filename to use?

[profile]

or you can add ".%EXT%" after you have specified the filename.

I manually do it as %SI_NAME% [%SI_STARTTIME%].pdf , as I find that in CE 8.5 the ".%EXT%" doesn't always work.

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding modifying the placeholders - specifically the format of the %SI_STARTTIME% placeholder. I am running CE10 and am going to be FTPing a report to a user who needs the filename is a very specific format:

filename-YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS-00.ext (where the "-00" is a constant).

I thought I could modify it in the DESTHELPER.CSP file but it does not seem to be holding and it revers back to the standard format. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Ken

Kenneth Hartman
Manager, EIS
Hughes Network Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back