Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Definition File (RDF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnd

Programmer
Jun 30, 2001
US
How do you build a report using a Report Definition File (RDF)? I could not see a RDF as a data source any where in CR. I could not see any reference in BO's site either. All they talk about is Field Definition file (TTX). Can some one please give me a brief steps or point me to a link that explains the process.
Thanks in advance.

You can't create a report from a Report Definition File. It's only a means to document/identify elements is a report.

If you have a Report Definition File, then presumably you exported it from an existing report. If you want to retain the structure of that report for a new report, save it with a different filename and make your changes...

-dave

That was my guess too since the RDF is one of the output formats. But "Building a report using a report definition file (.RDF)" is one of the topics in the ACE self assessment. I wanted to confirm that RDF is not a Datasource. Unless CD has misprinted RDF instead of TTF it is still a mystery.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back