Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report crashing Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celeste025

Technical User
Mar 6, 2003
US
I have a report created that runs a combination of 4 subreports for a specific date range. When I first created it, it ran quickly and without problem. Now I have more data entered, although because of the date ranges the reports arent THAT much bigger. However, now when I run the report, it gets "stuck" on Formatting Page, press Ctrl+Break to stop... until it finally stops responding. I already tried to "Compact and repair database", which didnt fix the problem. I also tried to d/l the Office 2000 SR-1, but it wouldn't install properly - probably because of network permissions. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I would tend to suspect the relationships between the subreports and the Parent/Child keys.
Rebuild the report ( keep the existing one) and see what performanace you get with each subreport on its own then add another one to see where the performance hit comes in.

Its really a matter of testing!

I recreated the master report and ran it, it ran quickly. Then I added the subreports and it ran quickly. Then I fixed the parent-child links in the subreports/master report and it started crashing again.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back