Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report can't be extracted on some machines...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumtoo10

Programmer
Dec 10, 2001
US
We have developed an application in VB 6.0 which uses Crystal reports 7.5.But in some cases, when the report opens and the user cliks on the Export Button of the viewer to extract the report in different formats,nothing happens after clicking the button.
This happens only on few of the machines and not on all.
Can u suggest me the cause of the problem and the remedy.

i am also facing the same problem.
is some expert having a solution

Dear tumtoo10,

There is a wealth of information at Crystal Decisions knowledge base with at least 8 articles that address this issue. Search on the word "Export".

ro Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

Well anybody who can solve the issue ?
It is more predominant on machines having Windows Xp as operating System
Which Dll or OCX is responsble for the export option?

Dear tumtoo10,

Did you check out the knowledge base articles at Crystal Decisions that I mentioned above?

There was quite a bit of information there.

ro Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

Dear Rosemaryl,
Iam not getting the URL what u are speaking of. Is this available on the same tek-tips forum or on crystaldecisions.com.
Could u please mail me the url of that page.
Thanks in anticipation.

Dear Tuntoo10:

Go to:

In the search criteria box, type the word EXPORT

Click ?

Read through the results and find ones that seem similar to your problem....troubleshoot from there.

ro Rosemary Lieberman

Dear Rosemary,
U were dot on target. The article did pin pointed which dll's were missing and now the problem has been sorted out.
Thanks alot once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back