Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report bursting and then send bursts to different users by e-mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesiv

MIS
Mar 15, 2005
US
I have a complex situation where we use BOXI R2 Crystal Reports and currently have a large number of reports that are auto-scheduled weekly and then e-mailed out to a bunch of users who don't have access to Infoview. The problem is that for some of these reports the data makes sense to be grouped by Consultant and in a perfect world each consultant would be e-mailed their own report automatically on a weekly schedule. Currently this is not happening as I must manually manage the scheduled objects. Now I run 4 versions of the report (1 for each Territory) and then group by the Consultant. Each of the 4 versions has about 20-30 users that then get the same copy of the report for their territory. Problem is then for one territory all the Consultants are getting a .pdf attachment by e-mail which displays other consultants data as well.

For now they have just noticed which page numbers their grouped data is on and print those ones out. This works for some reports but others are more sensitive and we need to find a way to send individualized reports. We have over 100 consultants so doing this manually would be a nightmare as that would be 100 scheduled e-mail events in infoview.

Any advice on how to handle this situation? I have looked at the APOS BI Tools but i'm not sure their Bursting tool would do exactly what I want. That tool may be needed to break the report up but how do I then have those bursted instances dynamically sent to the individuals?

I'm starting to think what I'm asking for is not possible and so hopefully one of you can help me think outside the box! I very much appreciate your help!

Check out Visual CUT by Millet Software. I know it will do this. Very affordable too.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

Thanks a lot for the recomendation. I am going to check out the Visual CUT software and see if it can meet our needs.

I really appreciate the fast response!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back