Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report and Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

makisbest

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
GR
Hi there

I have a report ready connected with a report.
I make a copy of that report and I want to connect it
with a diferent report how I can do that.

I am using Access 2003

Thank you

I am usually pretty good at deciphering cryptic posts, but I have no idea what you just said? Could you clarify.

Hi there

I have a report ready connected with a Query.
I make a copy of that report and I want to connect it
with a diferent Query how I can do that.

I am using Access 2003

Thank you

Go to the copy of your Report. In Design view, go to Properties and change the Query that you want to use under Record Source. You can either create on in Properties or use an existing one. Is this what you need?

Makibest,
That makes a lot more sense, and I think Tash's reply is what you want. The correct term you want is "bound" not "connected." A form or a report is bound to a recordsource such as a table or a query. You can also make a form or even a report that is not bound, and this is referred to as an "unbounded form" or an "unbounded report". The same thing is true for controls on a form. They are either bound to a field or they often have a formula in them and then are referred to as "calculated controls."
Although this may sound like a minor point the term "connected" also has a specific meaning. This usually refers to data sources that are outside your applications such as an ODBC connection or an ADODB connection. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back