Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reply with history without attachment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyespi

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2001
US
Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with people sending emails that have very large attachments. It is fine when they send the original email, but when they reply they need to include the history but not the attachment again and again. Does anyone know of an option I can use to stop them from replying with the attachement every time?

I gather you're not working with R6 ? R6 includes this option as a standard.

Pascal.

Wheres that option on R6? Is it on the server or does it need to be set on each Client?

Sorry, it is in R5 from which I work...

It is only available in R6 as far as I know, and it is not a server option. It is an option in the Reply button, meaning it is up to the user to specify whether to use it or not.

On the other hand, you could (in R6) change the template so the "normal" replay-with-history-and-attachments is removed from the list, therefor forcing user to reply without attachments.
In any case, I don't think you have a solution in R5. Anyone with an R5 client willing to confirm this ?

Pascal.

Pascal is correct, not an option in R5. The only way around it that I have found is Reply with history then click on the attachment and delete it from the reply. Wish there was a better way

Reply with History and then delete the attachment is the only way that I know of as well...

Thank you everyone for your kind assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back