Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replicator Service for Logon Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jermocide

MIS
May 22, 2000
US
Visit site
Hello,

Can anybody tell me what I might be doing wrong. I want my logon scripts to be replicated to my BDCs. I have followed to a T the steps in this article. I have 2 BDCs in same domain as PDC. I have created a user account and put it in Replicator and Backup Operator groups and used it to set up my Directory Replication services for all my DCs.
I have told my PDC to import and export and my BDCs to import only.
I have put nothing in the To or From list boxes as instructed by my NT 4.0 book.
I have given my replicator account full permission to the ...export/scripts and ...import/scripts directories on all my DCs.
I've placed my logon scripts in the ...export/scripts folder of PDC.
It does work at the PDC placing the logon scripts into the netlogon folder. I receive no event errors, It just does not seem to work. Any ideas. Thanks in advance

Jermocide
[sig][/sig]

Hello

Never mind. I got it working. I just had to stop and restart the directory replication service on all my DCs. Should of done that from the start.

Thanks [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back