Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLServer

Programmer
May 30, 2000
US
For some reason, my previous reply to msg&nbsp;&nbsp;which was answered by jnicho02 is showing only half of it.<br>Here is the full version.<br>Thanks for yr response. I did a SELECT @SERVERNAME and getting NULL as the answer. <br>This is my scenario. I have CDB_Prodn as a Publisher and CDB_Sub as a suscriber. In CDB_Prodn, I run sp_ADDSERVR 'CDB_Prodn' and got the result&nbsp;&nbsp;I server added. But when I did a Select @@SERVERNAME&nbsp;&nbsp;I am getting the same NUll. Under Enterprise manger of CDB_Prodn, I have CDB_Prodn and repl_distributor listed under security--&gt; Remote servers. I appreciate your help<br><br>

This has happened to me before as well.&nbsp;&nbsp;Usually when the computer name has changed after SQL was installed.&nbsp;&nbsp;Microsoft suggests that you reapply the installation of SQL 7 in order to resolve this problem but that hasn't always worked for me.&nbsp;&nbsp;Instead, I have found that I need to go directly into the sysservers table of the master database and edit the database id.&nbsp;&nbsp;The local server name should have a srvid of 0.&nbsp;&nbsp;I don't usually make it a practice to edit system tables but in this particular situation I have found no other option.<br>Hope this helps.

Thanks. This is exactly how I resolved the issue.<br>-GJK

However, I did as you guys were explaining out there, but still having the same error. (i.e. @@SERVERNAME = null).

What I did was to reconfigure the server to allow updates, then UPDATE sysservers SET servid = 0 where servid = 3 (where 3 is the name of my local server, the one that is not letting me to run the replication wizard).

The UPDATE thingy runs fine, but I still have the problem of not being able to run the wizard!

Any further help? Anyone?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back