Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replication Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistereli

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
I had a design master and 4 replicas. I was able to synchronize the 4 replicas with no problems but when I went to synch with the design master it failed. So I deleted it thinking I could take one of the existing replicas and promote it to the design master. After I do that would I create another replica to replace the one that I promoted to the design master? Or instead, should I create another replica from an existing replica (can I do this?) and then promote the new replica to the design master? I hope I was able to explain my problem clearly. I would appreciate anyone's help. I just can't seem to get this process to work smoothly. Does anyone know of any books that focus on this process (replication and sychronization)? Thanks Again!

Try Tools, Replication, Recover design master

Search Microsoft.com for a white paper on Replication. Loads of info in that.

Neil Berryman
IT Trainer
neil_berryman@btopenworld.com

Yes, and after I recover the DM (using a replica), should I then create another replica from the newly converted DM? I need to replace the replica that was converted to the DM.
Should I have not deleted the old DM in the first place?

I have a print out of that white paper and it's been very helpful. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back