Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replication Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwkranger

MIS
Nov 6, 2002
US
I have a database that will be used for replication.

There are identity columns that will be auto managed on the publisher.

During production, new bulk data is loaded into the database. (via SSIS)

The data added from the WFE begins with an identity 100,000,000. The identity is managed by the distrubutor.

Bulk Loaded data is < 100,000,000.

Will the bulk loaded data which is outside of the range of what is being managed by the distributor, be available to subscribers?

I answered my own question today.

Answer is: Yes.

If anyone else ever wonders this, the identity range management has nothing to do with whether data is available to a subscriber. It's just management of the range (which I suspected.)

Which means, if you are working on a system that has a live date which is before the data of all data being loaded into the system and want to be able to concurently migrate data into the replicated database, if you choose a range that is not used by the subscriber/publisher, it will still be included in the replication process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back