Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replication issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechieJr

Instructor
Nov 13, 2002
CA
Hello All,

I have a db which is replicated. Design Master is on my desktop and the replica is on a server.

One particular user keeps claiming that she is making her entries but after I syncronize key fields are empty (in the design master). Furthermore, when we go back into the replica, those same fields are empty. No other user seems to be having a problem.

I'm trying to determine whether it is a db problem or a user problem. (Unfortunately, it could be either one. Some of her problems have been linked to bugs in the db before.)

My question: Has anyone else had data go "missing" during replica sync's?

Thanks for your input.

Techie Jr.

Just a thought - a common reason for this type of problem is that the user has made a shortcut onto their desktop.

Only they have copied the file, not the shortcut!

Telephoto

Thanks for the thought Telephoto, but I've already ruled this out. Other people continue to use the replica and I have done some work on the users machine.

I've been trying to monitor this since my original post and things seem to be working the way they should. I'll know for sure by the end of the month when a quarterly report is generated. I am suspecting that it has been more of a user issue all along.

Thanks for giving some thought to an "old" post.

TechieJr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back