Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replication Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

subie

MIS
Sep 29, 2001
US
I am new to Domino, I have a question, currently I have a hub server and 8 servers which all replicate with this hub server throughout the World. When I am changing user accounts or ACL, should I use my local server or the hub? I tried the hub but I get replication errors and I am not sure if this is why or if I did something else wrong.

When changing ACL's on a database, the last change takes preferance i.e. you make an ACL cange on server1 then make an ACL change on server 2 (on the same database of course), when the database is replicated, the ACL change that you made on server 2 is what will be replicated. Also, make sure that all the servers have the same time (taking into account timezones of course - if they are too far off, this will make life a headache for you and things like replication and mail routing will be affected.) Secondly, the server that is pushing the replication needs to have at least editor access with delete to push the replication. To push the ACL changes, the server will need manager access to the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back