Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replication Agent of the active Server down

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfa1978

Technical User
Sep 16, 2005
BE
Hi,

I have a SCCS 5.0 envirnment with a warm standby config but on the replication server I see that the replication agent of my active server is down. DSI connections are up to standby and active.
How can I bring up my active replication agent?

Thanks in advance,

I have rebooted the active sccs and replication seems to be ok again execept that the stable queue stays growing.
Will this be resolved by itselves? Or do I have to keep an eye on that?

No it will not resolve by itself.

Remove the warm standby configuration and and rebuild it again. This should work for you.

I had the same issue and I can confirm it has to be done.

To start the process it tells you to stop the warm standby configuration. I did the command in the Rep server and it did not work so I had to stop replication using a command in the SCCS server and then on the Replication server, I had to un-install the replication software and then reloaded it.

Before I could get replication restarted, I had to do a restore of a current database on the standby server and then the procedure to get replication will ask you to do another restore.

Follow the Nortel doc exactly when restarting the replication process so you have success.

Yes, you can either rebuild warm standby or open up a case with Nortel and they can go in the database and manually bring up Rep Agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back