Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replicating Public Folders from Exchange 5.5 to 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarym

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2004
US
Ok. I followed the microsofts advice and used mfmigrate.wsf to replicate public folders. I started replication, but then noticed that nothing got replicated. I went back an hour later and nothing still replicated. Then I went to 5.5 Exchange Administrator, went to public folder resources and when click on any public or system folders, I get this pop up:

The object cannot be found in the directory. This maybe because replication has not been completed. ID no: c1010aae.

I restarted both servers, but still get this error. Can someone help me with this?

Does anyone know this?

Could be some orphaned public folders.

First take a backup of the exchange 5.5 before trying the following:
And also if you have multiple exchange 5.5 servers in the environment, i.e. public folders of a single PF tree spread across multiple exchange 5.5 servers, keep the utility authrest handy. Not sure which kit it comes from.

If the above suggestion does not work, then you have to check one by one, which item has been orphaned and probably very "carefully" use a utility like to ldp.exe (windows 2000 or 2003 support tools) to connect to the exchange 5.5 directory and remove the orphaned object.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back