Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replicas of a form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soorags

MIS
Mar 19, 2007
GB
On form frmNz I have changed the source object to frmSearchResults, and the source for this form is qryNew, not Query 2. The coding on the 'Submit Information for Search Button' is for Query 2, but the frmNz form still works the way that I want. If there is anything wrong with this please let me know.

Now that frmNz does work, I would like to make 2 replicas of the form that I can alter slightly for different uses. How can I make 2 exact replicas of frmNz? I have tried pasting 2 copies but this method results in 2 copies that aren't exact.

Gurdip.

From the database window.

Us the shortcut menu
or
CTRL+RightMouseClick+Drag will copy the object.(as you do with other windows programs)

(Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.)

I have tried these methods but the copies are not exact. i.e. they do not do exactly what frmNz does.

You must be doing something wrong. What do you mean it is not exactly doing the same thing as the other form?
1)Right click on the form's name in the Database Window
2)Select Paste
3) Give it a new name

I suspect that either within frmNz or frmSearchResults, or in the data source for either of these forms, you are referencing frmNz. Since the new forms are not called "frmNz", they would not behave as you expect (i.e. they are referencing the original form, rather than the copy).

I also suspect the same as Joe

You need to duplicate queries that referencing to "frmNZ" and make reference to the new form.

(Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.)

I have done this but an error still appears when running either of the copies with the same command button. It says:
Run-time error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method.
This happens even when creating 2 new queries for each new form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back