Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing System Monitor Card 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FieldTek

Vendor
Sep 15, 2005
US
Good Morning,

I needed help confirming the procedure for replaceing a system monitor card on an opt-61c rls 25.40b in the main column, or if I even need to replace it.

Here is what I have, and thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

The System Monitor card is programmed on TTY-0. The only connection leaving the card is the J4 going to the MFA-150 and a linecord going to the slave monitor in my second column. There is no cable leaving the card going to the MDF.

If I understand the procedure I need to do the following to replace this card.
1. Disable TTY-0
2. Disconnect the J4 connector going to the MFA-150 and the linecord going to the slave monitor.
3. Remove card.
4. Compare and confirm correct switch settings.
5. Reinstall and make connections.
6. Enable TTY-0

Here is the error I get and the alarm light lit on the main column:

PWR0006 Blower airprobe temperature sensor alarm. This indicates one of the following.
1. Blower airprobe temperature sensor has reached
2. 55 degrees C (131 degrees F).
3. Blower unit has lost power.
4. Blower unit temperature sensor is faulty or disconnected.
Action: Check the blower unit, air filter, air ventilation and room air conditioning.

-The room air is working good, temp is 62-63 F.
-The Blower unit is pushing air up the column just fine and the filters are clean.
-I checked the cables on the backplane and all seem to have a solid connection.
-I have not been able to locate the temperature sensor to check its connection
-Were do I find the temperature sensor?
-How do you test it to be good or bad?
-Am I even heading in the rite direction with replacing this card?

your right on the money for that card, why in the world keep a switchroom that cold? if your comfortable then so is the switch.. this room was 72 when i got here and now i keep it around 76... never had a cooling problem in any switch

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank You Johnpoole,

Yeah I know, you can hang meat in there, I did recommend turning it up to the mid 70's but thats what they want it set at and so it is.

I think I found the temperature probe, its on the top of the top shelf and it looks like a small disk of sorts. I was woundering how this equipment can be tested to ensure its properly working? Oh, one last thing, this being a DC switch are there any other considerations I should be aware of?

Thanks Again......

not on that card, your not hurting the switch just wasting power.. stat xsm (ld 37?) that checks the system monitor.. i would remove the sys monitor card (hot) on the rear base of that cab prior to dis the card.. it should not but if the sys monitor has a no comm issue it can power down the switch.. the book says if you disable the card, the sensors can't report.. the procedure for relacing that card is a basic hot swap, don't remove the siler-satins, just loosen the two thumb screws and pop it out..

if you unplug one of those waffers the screen will give you 90 seconds to get it back together prior to power down.. learned that on a ipe add.. (the hard way of course).. the only thing i watch on a dc switch is the power switches on the faceplates of the ps's.. they have a habit of not turning back on.. i power those down from the rear only.. other then that, and it may have been addressed, nothing special.. more fun to install

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back