Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing Prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyCronin

Programmer
Jul 16, 2001
GB
I have a report that we have been using that uses prompts in the condition section to filter the data - in this example the user enters a from date and a to date.

I am now looking to schedule these reports automatically and would like the report to run automatically and use system date to calculate say - the last month - 01/01/2003 until 31/01/2003.

Do I need to set variables up in universe?, can I parse result of currentdate function? Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

You could add a macro in VB to be run before_refresh, in which you could calculate dates and fill prompts. Stick to your guns

Yes, you could go the VB route, but why?

You could simply create a pre-defined condition in your report that does the date ranges.

Odds are that you use a single BO ID for scheduling your reports. You could build a predefined condition that you can add to your report.

(BOUSER ='xxxx' AND Date=whatever code you need for current month )
OR
(BOUSER <> 'xxxx' AND Date=Prompt) Steve Krandel
BASE Consulting Group

Thanks for help.. the bit I am struggling with is the

'Date=whatever code you need for current month'

I am unsure of syntax... I am trying to schedule last month.. I have had trouble doing it by adding a Condition in the Query Panel so I added a filter on the report..

=<Month> = Month(CurrentDate())

This works ok for this month but I can filter down to last month....

Got it..

Create a new variable MonthNumberofYear <Date> and filter on MonthNumberofYear <Date> = MonthNumberofYear <CurrentDate> - 1

I was a bit slow... maybe this will help someone else who wants to report on a previous months figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back