Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing Processor Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

StinkTech

Programmer
Oct 16, 2006
US
I've got a customer with a Legend Magic Rel7.0 A lightning storm took out the programming port. I've picked up another processor Rel7.0 processor card. I'm thinking I should be able to put the 2mb flash card in the new processor card restart the system and all should be good. Is this correct?

StinkTech...

Maybe.

If the translations saved on the card are fairly recent (maybe auto-backup was turned on?), and the card wasn't fried, you'll probably be okay. Hopefully...

Any chance you can remote access (Transfer *10) and save the existing translations to the card?

If the card is good, you'll need to restore from the card after you get the system up.

Hope this helps!

When you say the programming port, do you mean the Admin serial port on the processor, or the port for the 4424LD+ that can do system programming?

You can do the backup from the console if it is still working, or you can do it from the serial port with WinSPM if that is still working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back