Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing Primary on VMware 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoneMn

Vendor
Apr 11, 2005
US
We have a customer that needs the IP Office Primary 11.1.3 moved from VMware 7.0 to VMware 8.0.... a new VMware host server. My new Primary is already up and ready to go.

Backup and Restore is not an option. Long story short, it's broken and Avaya is useless.

I have no problem moving the VMPro over via WinSCP and SSH commands, already done. Customer is aware of shortcomings with this method.

The unknown here is introducing a new Primary into the SCN. I cannot right-click and Delete the Primary, that is an option with the Secondary and all the Expansions. The IP will be the same as the retiring Primary.

My guess is I have to run the Initial Config Utility on Secondary and all Expansions (retain config), and tell them who the new Primary is.

Has anyone had to replace a Primary with a new server?

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
ThePhoneMn

Been there, done that

I have,
Save the configuration on the Solution level.
Once the Primary and Secondary have been installed open an offline config and push the configuration back.
Make sure you have the host name and network settings the same on the new server.

I did one with 8 expansions. I had to rebuild the Primary and Secondary.
Pushing the backup to the new server worked fine.

I would have forget the Host Name, thank you very much for the input.

Been there, done that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back