Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing Mapd, do I need an AES or Clan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caislain11

Technical User
Jan 11, 2006
IE
Hi all,

We are upgrading from release 9 to CM 3.1.2

My question is, what do I use to replace the Mapd board?
Do I need an AES? or will a CLAN work ??

We have purchased ASAI core and plus lisence.

Thanks in advance,

Cais

mhh, its not a must to replace the mapd board. it will work in c.m. the problem is that if it dies you will have a hard time getting a new one. To have cti not by mapd you need a cti server. this cti server is connected through a clan board

Hi Avayafreakje,
Thanks for your reply.

So you would programme the CLAN to point to the CTI server...have I got that right?

Are there any sample documents on programming the Clan to do this?

Thanks,
Cais

Hi,

You will need an AES server to connect to the CTI server, and CLAns to connect the AES server to ACM

Hi Nath42,

Thanks for your reply..... OK I need to find out why this was left out and need to get documentation on AES server.

Thanks again,

Cais

Hello,

The MAPD is still supported in CM 3.1.2 but like already said, it's not sold anymore.

The new replacement for MAPD is the AES server which uses at least 2 CLAN boards for it's connection. It loads balance the load on the 2 CLANs.

When using AES, all new software using CTI (TSAPI, CVLAN, DLG, CMAPI, ...) need to be connected to the AES Ip-address while the AES is connecting to 2 or more clans, depending on the traffic.

Wim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back