Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

replacing formats on a large scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthomas666

Technical User
Sep 5, 2001
US
I've been tasked with overhauling the format and layout of our software manuals. The manuals are currently in ~800 Frame files, using a single set of formats.

Once I've created a new template, it's easy enough to use the import format function to replace the formats in a single file.

Is there any way to run that in a batch mode, to replace the formats in multiple files. I'd even consider a third party program if necessary.

Why don't you import all your .fm files in a book (I know this might be long), select them all and click File/Import/Format as you would do for a single fm file ?

I think this can be a solution. Yet, when I personnally tried to change the format of many files that way, my FM crashed. But this might due to my version, or maybe my computer hasnt got enough memory.

Lt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back