Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing dual PRI with daughter board

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyjp123

Technical User
May 2, 2013
US
Hi I have to replace a dual PRI card on my switch and my question is the PRI card has a daughter board on it. so the steps I need to do I'm just not sure what order to do them if it makes a difference. First disable the MSDL then the D channel then the loops. by the way I have 6 loops attached to this D-Channel if that makes a difference. once card is replaced I guess enable the MSDL then D-Channel then the loops??

DCH, Loop then MSDL

Putting it back - MSDL w/FDL then loop with the DCH on it,(leave the other 5 loop down) If all is working properly, the loop with the DCH will bring the DCH up, then bring the other loop back into service.

Great thanks just what I needed to know. thanks again

You can actually do a dis msdl x all and it will disable the d-channels and the msdl at the same time, then disable the loops. Keep clocking in mind also if your primary or secondary reference is on one of these loops you will need to disable the CC also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back