Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

replacing CPPIV card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeemerson

Technical User
Apr 3, 2012
US
I need to replace a CPPIV cpu on an option 61C. Can I just split the cores and then take the onboard compact flash off, put it on the new card and reboot then join? Or am I going to have to reload software and database onto the new card?
Thanks
Jake

You really need to reload the software and probably update the deplist while your at it. But yes, split the cores, load the software on the new one, patch the new one, swap call processing to the new one then repeat on the other side.

I was hoping that since everything should be on the flash i could just swap and go. Thanks

I had to replace one a couple of months ago and just moved the CF to the new one. It worked fine.

I would use the opportunity and maintenance window to reload the vxworks and update the deplist. Your gonna be there anyway.

All of our techs move it and reload if we have to. And sometimes you will have to.

The patches and all are up to date. I am only replacing the card because it is one of the "dark cards" (AA vintage). I may try to just swap the compact flash for the heck of it and report back. Doing it next weekend..

Follow the appropriate NTP *to the letter* - or you'll be coming back here next weekend begging for help - and/or calling your vendor to do it for you and fix your mistakes after hours at a premium overtime rate.

jakeemerson,
What vintage CPPIV card are you using to replace the AA vintage?
Is Avaya paying for the replacement cards? I need to do the same thing.

Thanks,

They are AB I believe. No, they are not paying for them. They have some deal where you send in the old cards and they upgrade them for a price. I think it is around 200$ but not sure (cheaper than buying a new one i guess)

As to cost, the PCN has been updated - for the better!

April 4, 2012 ‐ Supplemental 3. Avaya is lowering the out‐of‐warranty repair price to $95 US (from $190). New price is for orders placed after April 4th. New price is not retroactive and no credits or rebates will be given for earlier repairs.
We are now able to offer the lower price as we have more local regional repair locations set up. Also extending PCN window to March 30th 2013.

By next weekend there will be a whole new batch of patches. Just sayin....

NCSS, NCDS, for CS1000 and BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back