Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing Cisco Pix & Router w/ Contivity 1750

Status
Not open for further replies.

owee69

Programmer
Feb 28, 2005
US
A customer has a Contivity 1750 w/ the Stateful Firewall license that they want to use as an all-in-one solution. So, it will be replacing thier Cisco Pix Firewall, Cisco 1700 gateway router, and Cisco 2600 VPN/PPP router.

The Contivity is currently in place handling 1 PPP T1 to one of thier remote sites. It has a 4-port T1 card installed, so it can handle the other 2 PPP T1's and the internet T1. I can get the internet access working just fine with the Contivity, but I don't know much about firewalls or VPN (and even less about the Stateful Firewall configuration, it seems confusing).

I have the configurations from the Cisco equipment printed out, but I don't know enough to translate it to the Contivity.

Does anyone know of an easy way to import/convert the config files so the Contivity can read them? I know this is a long shot, and probably not possible, so any other insight someone has to offer will be greatly appreciated.

In short, if you already have (1)PPP connection up, why not use that config and those parameters as your guide for the other (2)PPP connections? What is on the other end...is it the same as the (1)PPP connection?

You will also want to see what FW rules are setup to allow the untunneled traffic through to this PPP connection. You should not have to use any VPN connections here since this is private PPP. Note that since the stateful firewall is on, you must deal with it to enable these interfaces to get the traffic out that you want. I assume you're doing static routes?

I hope this is a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back