Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

replacing cics, what would be better between avaya ip office and shoretel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNIP81

Programmer
Jan 29, 2007
US
we have a customer that is wanting to upgrade there phone system from a cics. They have 5 line appearences on their phones that ring 4 times before going to the auto attendant. They said they want to keep it working like that. I wanted to know what would do that better an Ip office or a shoretel (the only ones we sale) Does anyone have any experience with this?

thanks,
chett

Any system would do the above.
I guess it depends as to why they want to upgrade, answering that would yield a better response.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

With IPO you can ( I believe ) reuse the TDM sets but I don't think you can with the Shoretel. Would you be interested in becoming an E-Metro Tel partner?

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

they might do it, but my experience with avaya IPO is its not as easy. With nortel its easy to add lines, forward each phone to vm different number of rings etc. I would like opinions on systems that are close to Nortels in the way they function. They would like to add a few more sets and are currently maxed out. Our company won't or can't sale them a mics wich is in my opinion the best solution but thats out of the equation. i just found out we can also sale an adtran. Anyone have any experience with them. As far as E Metro tel never heard of them.

thanks

They are former Nortel eng. that have developed an asterisk based system to use reuse all Nortel phones. You need to check them out. . This gives (for me anyway) Nortel customers a way to upgrade with out having to forklift the whole system at once and gives them a way to phase into VOiP using the Nortel functions.

They also now have integration with the Nortel/Avaya CS1000 via a mgate card. For Norstar, BCM's - they use the BCM as a gateway.

I assume you install them, how close are they to the norstars? Is the vm embedded? Do all of the features functions etc. still work on norstar phones? How is the aa etc.

Thanks,
Chett

Yes we sell them. All the functions are as close as you can get to be like the Norstar. AA/VM is a lot more versatile.

They could add the 8 port station expansion card if it's not already there.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

What types of trunking does it do. I am sure it does regular loop start, but will it do analog did, wink start trunks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back