Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing BCM with 0x32 (I don't have much input in this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidroski

Technical User
Sep 21, 2004
US
Fragmented DID range, PRI and ASM, AT&T sends 4 and they use 3. Not much time to read the manual and the BCM (never been upgraded) can't be connected to according to another onsite tech and their VM is down. Site is 200 miles away -
1. What is the best way to change the the 221 to XXX to 200 to XXX? Old DN to new DN or maintenance or is there a better approach?
2. The BCM and the MICS be set up the same for the PRI (i.e., B8ZS,ESF, etc), sending 4, I will just make them targets to the 3 digit station. Correct?
3. The tellers have their own DN's but answer the same line that rings at the same time on all stations. What type group is best?
4. The DID's are mixed between the digital and analog stations, any caveat's there?
5. With 4 digit DID's on the PRI, should the VM be set up for 4 digits or 3?
6. Incoming and outgoing caller ID, where is the option for that.
I know, I know, should get a trained tech but they are skimping on money, thus I'm stuck with the install.
As you can tell, this is my 2nd (first was 4 years ago) to install an 0x32 with a DID PRI.
Anything else I should be aware of? No, there is no one else to help, they've got 15 data tech's and one voice (me) for two states and the only training I've got was the CD for Nortel. And I've got to start doing data also to top it off. The Data guys don't do voice.
Oh well, job security. Thanks in advance.

As far I know on a PRI they send all the digits.
You can set any number of received digits that is convenient. If you have 3 digits use the last 3 depending on what the number range is eg. If it is 2000 to 2050 then I would use the last 4 and make the locals match. if 2200 -2250 the last 3 is ok.

On the info I got from AT&T, they are sending 4 but the branch only uses 3. Will it strip a digit like this or is there somewhere else in software to do this?
Thanks Joe, any answers I get are appreciated.

What your going to end up with is a system that doesn't work. you can't send 4 and receive 3, one of them has to change.
you can receive 4 digits and have 3 digit station numbers, no problem there. Just go to received digits and change it to 4.
If you go to system programing, you can find "change dn" there you can change dn's but be warned, changing one changes another. (for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction)
Build a hunt group, also under system programing.
The vm must be set to the same amount of digits as the MICS.
It might be easier to change everything to 4 digits, then you could have the station number the same as the did.
When you first set up the vm it will set the digits to what the key system is.
Good luck my friend, cause your going to need it.

Wayne T

I bet it is the recieved digits are 4 and the extensions are 3. Thats ok.

1. What is the best way to change the the 221 to XXX to 200 to XXX? Old DN to new DN or maintenance or is there a better approach?

The DN lenght has nothing to do with recieved digits or DID and should not matter.

2. The BCM and the MICS be set up the same for the PRI (i.e., B8ZS,ESF, etc), sending 4, I will just make them targets to the 3 digit station. Correct?

Yes as long as mentioned that the Recieved Digits section is changed to 4.

3. The tellers have their own DN's but answer the same line that rings at the same time on all stations. What type group is best?

I would just assign the same Target line to each phone.

4. The DID's are mixed between the digital and analog stations, any caveat's there?

None

5. With 4 digit DID's on the PRI, should the VM be set up for 4 digits or 3?

Same as phones, does not matter.

6. Incoming and outgoing caller ID, where is the option for that.

Incoming is under Telco Feature of each set
Outgoing is under OLI of each set

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Also....maybe just the Hard Drive is failing on the BCM.
You can install a new image of same release and get any key codes re-activated via Nortel vendor then re-program.

But you can ask in the BCM forum if need to troubleshoot it if you are taking possesion/trad in.

As for the 0X32 you are best to make sure its 7.1 software when PRI.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thanks for the advice and assistance. Doing this by myself has been an S.O.G. Anyway, I'm 225 miles away from my cubicle (I'm as far away from there and still be in the state) and got that to look forward to.
I gave them the options and they went with C. And they have a vendor right down the street. Can't complain with as many phone people out of work.

I'd take a MICS over a BCM any day of the week! Who needs VOIP? I'd say the MICS is a great back up plan for any ailing BCM as long as they don't need VOIP.

Phonehed in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back