Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

replacing a ds4300 with a ds4800

Status
Not open for further replies.

mliafrate

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2002
US
Hello ALL,

I'm wondering if anybody has had any experience replacing a ds4300 (or similar) with a ds4800. I have 5 arrays spread across three exp710 drawers. We are going to install a ds4800 and attach the drawers to the new controller. I know the array and lun information would reside on the drives but I'm wondering if I can export the host mappings on one controller and import them on the other. Or if there is any way to copy them from one to the other. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thank you!

I don't have access right now to our SAN but i remember that you can backup or export the mappings from your current DS4300 and easily import them to the DS4800!

I attended a seminar talking about how portable this process is!

Regards,
Khalid

I was looking at the configuration script that the controller creates when you use the save configuration option. It does have a section to recreate all of the mappings. I don't have a controller to test it on though. Thanks for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back