Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

replacing a digital line card

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
I have a bunch of phones for conference rooms that are on the same card. None of the phones work. Neither do any new phones I add to this card. Can I simply replace the card or do I have to first remove all the phones? Thanks for your help. PS: I am assuming the problem is with the card but really don't know for sure.

what a surprise. i would disu that card and another dlc, swap them and move the two phones instead of the console. if you get in trouble in that load, you could be out of service until that same phone company shows up. i don't know who your using, but here with a standard maint, your replace will take less then 4 hours if your console is down. i make a phone call and any part that i don't have is on the way via courier.. i had a voice mail (mm) shipped on a sunday at 2 am, that one took 6 hours because the complete unit was not in stock this side of atlanta

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I would stat my other DLC cards and see if I had another DLC that has free ports on the same ports as the 2250 is on and than swap the cards.

and that would be faster, (as usual)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

On Coniglio's problem, I would also make sure the amphenol cable on the backplane is seated properly, if this gets cocked out just a bit it may cause the problems you're having.

if your using tn 0 1 3 the amp can be cocked, i usually think a user has ruled out hardware. a simple butt set will tell you if the tn is getting to the punchon

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back