Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing a Dead drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinof

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2006
IE
First off - I'm just learning this raid stuff so go easy on me. We have a DL380 with integrated controller and two drives (18gb). These are set up as a Raid 0+1 (want to change this but thats another thread). One of the two drives has failed and I have just got a replacement.

Whats the process for swapping out the bad drive? Do I just shutdown, remove the bad one and insert the new drive? Do I need to format the new drive in any way?

thanks,
Kevin

Kevin,

If you aren't sure if you have hot-swapable drives, shutdown the machine, remove the bad drive, and insert the new drive. You may be asked if you want to rebuild the array when you boot the machine, (F1, if I remember correctly.) Just press the appropriate key and you're good to go.

-Jeff

what generation is youre dl380 it should have G# on one of the corners and what is the part number of the disk

many thanks - I shutdown,replaced and all appears well. event log says drive is now back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back