Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing a BCM 400 4.0 comlete system that went bad with a whole new system Restoring the data Ques

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonemanant

Programmer
Mar 7, 2014
US
I am replacing a complete BCM 400 4.0sw witha a completly new unit hard drive and all. I have a backup of the system on my laptop from the bad system. I know I need to regenerate the keycodes through the KRS with the new SYSID but will I be able to restore the backup to the new one or will the new SYSID mess that up?

A backup from one BCM system of the same type and software version will be OK to restore to another unit with a different site ID.

You must install the last released issued patches first before you do the restore, otherwise you might corrupt the hard disk.

I'd save some time by swapping over the MSC card (PCI card with a long slot and PCMCIA lookalike media cards on it) from the old unit and put it onto the new unit as this would contain the serial site ID and then your restore would not need any keycode changes.

It's best to contact one of us if you are stuck.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

the old one is toast(lightning). Where can I get the patches from?

It might be toast, but the MSC card is probably OK.

The patches you need are

BCM 4.0
==================================

PATCH ID: BCM.R400.SU.System.034-201206 Category: GEN
PATCH ID: BCM.R400.SU.Desktop.020-201203 Category: GEN
PATCH ID: BCM.R400.340-CTE-1.5-1.0 Category: GEN

It's best to contact me if you need more assistance.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

You need to call a vendor to get the patches since solicitation is not permitted here, they are not small files.
Website links or yellow pages etc is your friend.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

I'm an Avaya Business Partner and have access to the KRS and their downloads but can't find them there. do you know if they are on there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back