Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacement of Logo's on 7911 and 1941

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLBS

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2010
EU
Hi

I am required to replace the logos on our IPTEL phones due to rebranding of the business, can this be done by automation? As I do not wish to visit each of the 600 phones and manually do each one. The new logo will replace the current graphic available on the TFTP server, same name etc

Many Thanks

Hi,

I think that you can upload the new logo image and name it just like the old one so you just replace the image and then reset the phones. That way the path is still the same but the image is different.

Caos is the natural order of things...

Thanks for the response, but have tried that and it does not work, the image is actually uploaded to the device and a reset does not force the image to be re-instated into the device.

Was just reading on Cisco's website about the 7970... the background image is loaded into flash on the phone. Requires a factory reset to get rid of it...sets it back to the default image. Then you can put your new image on the TFTP server, along with new List.xml .. and then from the phone, should be able to select the new image you need.

Yeah but as i have 600+ phones to do wanted this to be done by an anutomated process and not have to visit every device!

Oh ya... I'm not aware of a way to remotely do a factory reset on the phones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back