Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacement for T7406e?

Status
Not open for further replies.

highmeh

MIS
Nov 20, 2003
US
All,

Running IPOffice v7 and using a T7406e. We have been having an identical issue to the poster in thread940-1713707 - the phone, after 8/9 months, stopped working. Replaced the battery and now its acting funky; it either gives INCOMPATIBLE on the LCD and requires us to reset the phone and the base station (which then work for somewhere between an hour and 2 days until going back to INCOMPATIBLE), or it dials out to random extensions and leaves the line open or leaves a 5 minute long voicemail of dead air. We've replaced the phone and the issue re-occurred. What are our options? Is there a comparable version that you've had good success with? Can we just plug an analog cordless phone into our system and dial that way? I'm not terribly experienced with Avaya kit, so I'd appreciate any help or recommendations. Thanks!

Yes, as long as you have a combo card (ports 7 & 8) or a phone 2 card. The t7406e is absolute crap, and you will be much better off with an analog cordless and probably save some $$$ too.

Dan

What's that? Your paging doesn't work?! Just get yourself a good bullhorn..problem solved!

Thanks - Under "Control Unit" in R7 Manager I see "COMBO6210/ATM4" twice and "PHONE2/PRIS U" once - i assume these are the combo/phone2 cards you speak of? Can I just plug a cordless handset into either and have it work?

The combo cards are the first 2 you mentioned, ports 7 and 8 on those will be analogue so you can plug a standard DECT phone in those or the other card you mentioned ports 1 and 2 are the same, all other ports will not work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back