Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacement for application.filesearch in office 2007 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

substitute

Technical User
Oct 19, 2002
GB
What is the replacement for application.filesearch in Office 2007? I have several macros that use application.filesearch to get lists of files in a folder or matching a sample name and they no longer work in 2007 because MS have hidden the filesearch property. I assume MS have replaced it with something, but what?

The frustrating bit is that Office 2007 help still lists some properties of the filesearch object and the examples use application.filesearch.

Any suggestions received gratefully - my VBA macro environment is collapsing around me!

I am having the same problem so if you find a solution please let me in on it too.

Thanks,

Thanks for that useful information. Looks like Chris Rae's class might do the trick in my case, unless something else it uses has also been dropped. Can't tell till I get back to work Monday.

Do you think that the filesearch object has been dropped by MS to get people to use desktop search as per the scripting guy's article? I hope not, MS Desktop search is buggy and resource hungry on most systems before Vista, and I believe there are issues on Vista too. Up until now I've banned it on office PCs. It also seems odd that in the scripting guy's words "information is hard to find" - even for someone in Microsoft. You'd think MS would point developers clearly towards a new solution before dropping existing features.

Thanks again

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back