Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replaced Digital 30 Expansion Module; Phones Lost Some Settings (Login Quick Button) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Elias

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2017
US
I had a small incident today involving smoke that resulted in a Digital Expansion 30 unit on an IPO 500 V2 meeting an early death.

(A digital extension port on the IPO main unit was inadvertently connected to a port on the expansion unit. I highly recommend against doing this.)

After a replacement Digital 30 expansion unit was sourced and installed, it booted up, updated firmware (amber light) and all of the connected phones booted up. However, we noticed that the phones connected to this module had lost the Login quick button that had been assigned to the bottom left (they are Avaya 1408 models).

Is there something I need to do after physically replacing the module to get those settings back?

Thanks.

This may sound simplistic but can't you just go to each user in Manager and add put the button back?

No that’s reasonable, it just feels like if that setting was lost then there may be others that I’m missing.

I wasn’t aware that any settings were contained within the expansion module itself. I thought that was just a “pass through” from the IPO unit.

Also - is that setting (to make the under-screen left soft button into a Login button) something that’s done on each phone, or can it be set with IPO Manager?

Thanks again.

To be clear you are talking about the left button of the 3 rectangular buttons under the display and not one of the 8 round buttons further down?

If so, and it's been a while since I worked with a 1408, I think soft button #1 would say Login if the phone's User was logged out.

Yes, and thanks for the reply.

The issue was that the system automatically created new blank extensions, so they weren't technically "logged out". Once I deleted those "placeholder" extensions, the phones correctly showed "Not Logged In" along with the login button.

Thanks again,

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back