Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replaced Cisco Router now Panasonic NS700 SIP not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick84

Systems Engineer
May 28, 2024
GB
Hi all,

We've recently replaced a line going into one of our offices (FTTP), which came with a new identical Cisco router as before (Cisco ISR C1117). Since replacing it I have amended the NAT - External IP Address /FQDN to that of the new public WAN IP address and also amended the NAT fixed global IP address to the public WAN IP. I've contacted our SIP provider and provided them with our new public IP address which they have amended for Gamma on their side.

I have also added port forwarding which mirrored our previous config (UDP port 5060 from Internal IP of the PBX to Gamma's public WAN IP) and ports 6000 - 40000 for the DSP to another Gamma's public WAN IP that handles the call data and a few other specific ports. We've also disabled SIP ALG on the router

When doing test i.e calling the office number from the phone, the office phone does not appear to be ringing, however when I use the office phone to call my mobile number, my mobile phone rings, when I answer it, no audio is present, nor is the ringing tone on the office handset audible prior to answering it on my mobile phone. I've also noticed that If I call my mobile number from the office and I hung up before answering the call, my mobile phone continues to ring for a further 20 seconds before it stops

We've done packet trace and we can see data going from the pbx on port UDP 5060 to Gamma's public WAN IP when making a call from the office phone, however when we try to call the office, we cannot see any data coming into the router from Gamma's public IP addresses.

We've had our SIP provider contact Gamma with our test calls time and Gamma have stated they can see a 503 error when the calls are attempted which they believe is Firewall related.

I'm just confused as to how this can be when don't see any traffic from their public IP address hitting our Router.

Is there any other configuration that is needed to be amended as I am out of option.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=88b2f16f-328e-4cb5-92f2-310963012bc8&file=pbx.png
Have you rebooted PBX after changes?

Calum M
ACSS

Hi CMUK,

I've resolved the issue with the 503 error by assigning another public IP address that we have and updating all the settings. However, I get a Line Busy each time I perform a test call on my mobile. I know data is travelling to the PBX because when I turn off the PBX in the office, any further test calls don't display the 'Line Busy' on test phones, and instead, the line is quiet for around 30 seconds before it drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back