Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replace Maintenance kit in 30 days Phaser 850 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtp59

Technical User
Nov 25, 2004
US
My Phaser 850 informed me that I should replace the maintenance kit for preventitave maintenance with in 30 days. Since my printer has the extended maintenance kit with about 50 % of the prints left is this necessary? The supplies information page says that either kit (standard or Extended) has an installed life of two years. Is there a timer built in to the kit that is sending me this message? If so can it be reset, or will the printer lock up and refuse to print in a month?

rtp59

The kits do have a date stamp in the crum, when it reaches 15 months the front panel will display a message that says the kit has expired, yet the printer will still display ready and print normally. If you look at maint kit life on the usage profile page it should have some % of life remaing, if it does then it should be fine. This is done beacuse the oil in the roller does have a shelf life and they can dry up and cause problems. As long as you do not see any print quality problems and the ink is not sticking to the drum, which will cause a telltale tearig noise at the paper exits, then continue to use it until it fully expires at which time the led will be red and will no longer print.

Thanks marty5261

Printer says 73% maint. kit life remaining, so I should be good for a while. Is there a way to clear the 30 day warning message display?

rtp59

I have the same situation, but got rid of the message by logging in to the printer and setting the date back a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back