Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replace/Delete finds nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hencyt

MIS
Mar 14, 2003
US
Hello All-

We are switching out a few components for some other components. We do this all the time therefore I know the process itself is working.

But I have about 5 unrelated items that I need to replace. When I run the replace/delete component utility, it tells me no bills found. However, if I look anywhere else (where-used inq and report, bom maintenance and inquiry) it shows all of these components to still be in use and on active bills.

I am sure there is a link somewhere missing. But I have looked through the tables I can think of and I didn't see it. (I am on SQL version).

I would appreciate any ideas!

TIA,
SunnyD
MAS 200 3.71 SQL

Dawn,

Hi. Yes I did rebuild the sorts. Still says no bills found.

What else can I do?

Thanks!
Sunny

Could it have anything to do with the status of the Bill of Material entries that you are trying to change? (i.e. Standard, Inactive, etc.)

Or perhaps Revision numbers?

Just trying to offer some suggestions.

Good luck.

Thanks piewhizkid.

I actually figured it out months ago.

The table BMW_ComponentWhereusedsortfile had component revision 000 entered for these components. It must have an asterisk * in this field for the replace/delete utility to recognize the component in bills.

SunnyD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back