Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replace 408 with 408 GS/LS-MLX on Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewillie

Technical User
Jul 8, 2003
FR
I have a Merlin Legend configured as follows:
Slot # 0: CKE3 CPU Release 7 ver 12
Slot # 1: 408 GS/LS-ID-MLX
Slot # 2: 408
Slot # 3: 408
Slot # 4: 012
Slot # 5: 408 GS/LS-MLX

I would like to remove the two 408 modules (which are now empty) and replace them with 408 GS/LS-MLX modules.

How do I do that?

Can this be done without having to reprogram the phones that I currently have plugged into slots 4 and 5?

Thanks,

Evan

You're in for a heap of programming. The 408MLX cards actually have memory slots for 16 extensions each. (The MLX stations and an adjunct for each). So when you pull out the 2 408-ATL cards and replace them with the 408-MLX cards, the programming for your extensions jumps back 8 logival ID's.

That is to say that the programming from the 2nd ATL phone on logical ID 10 goes onto the adjunct for the MLX on ID 09. The ATL from ID 11 ends up on 10, and 12 goes to 10's adjunct.

The extensions from the 012 go onto the extensions and adjuncts of the 2nd MLX, and the first 2 MLX extensions from your current 5th card end up on the last two ports of the new 408MLX in slot 03. The rest of the MLX's and adjuncts fill in on the ports of the 012, and the MLX in slot 05 has no programming at all!!

You want to print EACH extension, or do a print ALL, and consider simply reprogramming from scratch instead of trying to find all the possible glitches in programming that has moved.

Let me be sure that I understand. What will basically happen is that all of the phones in slot 2 and above will have to be reprogrammed.

That is not as terrible for me as it may sound. I have a total of 8 MLX phones and 3 basic phones which are programmed itentically. I can set one or two up and copy the rest.

How do I get the system to recognize the new boards. Do I do a board renumber? I don't mind reprograming a dozen phones, I just don't want to reprogram the entire system or the phones I have in my first module.

Thanks for the help,

Evan

Yes, the phones on the 1st card will be unaffected. The phones on the 012 and the other 408MLX will get changed, and you will have to reprogram. If you're not terribly complicated, I would just remove any group calling and coverage programming for the extensions before starting. Then power down, replace the boards, power up, and then YES, do a board renumber to make the system "see" the change. Finally, you'll need to renumber the extension ports and put the programming back in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back