Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replace 302C attendant console with 2420 telephone on AVAYA 8510 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarmaze

Technical User
Jul 3, 2003
US
I would like to replace my 302C attendant with a 2420 telephone on my AVAYA 8510 system.

We have a single console, and do not make use of all its functions. There are no vectors or auto attendants involved.
The guard receives calls to our main number, and transfers them to the proper extension when needed.
There is a crisis-alert button, for notification of someone dialing 911, and a night-service button, which directs incoming calls to a different guard station that is manned after hours.

I want to use a single 2420, with a EU24 button expansion to replace the basic functionality of the 302C. I know there are a lot of fields to touch including:
Dialplan ana (looking for 0 treatment)
System feature (looking for attd entries at places like ISDN intercept, ACA referral, etc…)
Console parameters, etc….
But where do I actually assign which extension should receive the main incoming calls, etc…
I cannot find exactly what to do in any AVAYA documentation, or their support site, of everything I must touch to make this change.

Can someone please direct me. Thanks.

I removed a 302C and replaced with 9641 and expansion modules. Hope this gets you started in the right direction.
This is from the Administrator Guide for Avaya Communication Manager, p. 194 in my book:
Removing an Attendant Console
Before you physically remove an attendant from your system, check the attendant’s status,
remove it from any group or usage lists, and then delete it from the system’s memory.
For example, to remove attendant 3, which also is assigned extension 4345:
1. Type status attendant 3. Press Enter.
The Attendant Status screen appears.
2. Make sure that the attendant:
--is plugged into the jack
--is idle (not making or receiving calls)
3. Type list usage extension 4345. Press Enter.
The Usage screen shows where the extension is used in the system.
4. Press Cancel.
5. If the attendant extension appears on the Usage screen, access the appropriate feature
screen and delete the extension.
For example, if extension 1234 belongs to hunt group 2, type change hunt group 2 and
delete the extension from the list.
6. Type remove attendant 3. Press Enter.
The system displays the Attendant Console screen so you can verify that you are
removing the correct attendant.
7. If this is the correct attendant, press Enter.
If the system responds with an error message, the attendant is busy or still belongs to a
group. Press Cancel to stop the request, correct the problem, and type remove
attendant 3 again.
8. Remove the extension from voice mail service if the extension has a voice mailbox.
9. Type save translations. Press Enter to save your changes.
Note that you do not need to delete the extension from coverage paths. The system
automatically adjusts coverage paths to eliminate the extension.
Now you can unplug the console from the jack and store it for future use. You do not need to
disconnect the wiring at the cross-connect field. The extension and port address remain
available for assignment at a later date.

You will also want to change listed-directory numbers and remove the extension as your attd is likely assigned the lead DID, and you will remove attd. Then you will add a new station assigned to the lead incoming DID that your console had, build coverage paths, etc.

Thank you. That is helpful information.
But I cannot find where to assign the lead DID to the extension of the phone I want to use?

In my case my main trunk group is PRI, so the CO is routing and I'm receiving and sending on to assigned 4-digit extensions. So, for the main DID number, I just assigned that number (e.g. 123-555-1000) to station 1000. Another option is to assign the number to a hunt group and make your new 2420 part of the hunt group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back