Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repeating report header text on multiple pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloman

Technical User
Mar 5, 2008
US
Hi all,

I am new to crystal and so this might be a basic question. I have two crosstabs in two report header sections. For each crosstab, I have a text box displaying the title for the crosstab. But when a crosstab spans across multiple pages, I would like to include the title for that cross tab on the new page. This is not happening by default and so its a little confusing when there is no title associated with a cross tab on the new page.

Any pointers to this would be greatly helpful.

Thanks.

What version of CR are you using? Please always specify this.

-LB

Hi LB,

I am using Crystal 11.0.

Thanks.

Try using the Page Header sections to put the titls and suppress the different titles using some way to diffrentiate which cross tab you are showing. As well as you should move the cross tabs to the report footer section.

If you want the crosstabs in the report header, create a fake report header section by creating a formula that is true for all records:

whilereadingrecords;
""

Insert a group on this, and then move the crosstab into the new group header and suppress the RH. You will then have page header sections available (not available for RH). Place your title in the page header and also formula it to "repeat on horizontal pages".

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back