Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repeating Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjbudke

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2004
US
I have a user that sent out a group of 4 emails to about 8 people before we migrated to Exchange 2003 this past weekend. Now these 8 people are getting those 4 emails every ten minutes or so. Some of the 8 are within our domain, others are not. We've also tried disconnecting the sender's pc but they keep sending out. Any suggestions? This is getting really annoying and cumbersome. Thank you beforehand for your time.

Just a shot in the dark.
Have you looked at your queue? If the emails reside there, try deleting them.
Hope this helps

Is it possible to restart the "store"? (this will interupt your users). I have run into "repeat" mails, before... ended up being a corrupt e-mail. Not sure if this is the answer, but deleting it from the senders "sent" box may work.

While you in queu, Try to disable outbound connection on SMTP as well.
It will help you to kill the old queu in SMTP engine.

Regards,

You can always restart the Exchange-store from Services or by running this script (adjust service names that you run):

Safe this file as .cmd or .bat in c:/scripts
##########################
net stop avexch32service
net stop avupdservice
net stop "Network associated log service"
net stop "outbreak manager"
net stop "Microsoft Exchange Event"
net stop "McAfee GroupShield Exchange"
net stop "Microsoft Exchange IMAP4"
net stop "Microsoft Exchange Information Store"
net stop "Microsoft Exchange Management"
net stop "Microsoft Exchange MTA Stacks"
net stop "Microsoft Exchange POP3"
net stop "Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine"
net stop "Microsoft Exchange System Attendant"

net start "Microsoft Exchange Event"
net start "Microsoft Exchange IMAP4"
net start "Microsoft Exchange Management"
net start "Microsoft Exchange MTA Stacks"
net start "Microsoft Exchange POP3"
net start "Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine"
net start avexch32service
net start avupdservice
net start "Network associated log service"
###################################################
Regards,

Thanks guys, I appreciate everyone's quick responses, I'm going to try what you said and I'll let everyone know what's going on in just a little bit.

Well.... I tried everyone's suggestions, rebooted the server between every trial and left it up for a couple of hours to no success. Any other ideas, is there any more information I could give you guys to help you out? I'm new to EX 2k3 so I'm not 100% sure what I could say to help you. As always thanks for your time and patience.

Do you have a mail rule somewhere that may be looping something???

Thanks again everyone for your support, but after spending most of the last week and all of this weekend (not to mention a couple hundred dollars) on the phone with Microsoft, we've found that it is an Exchange problem, there should be a HotFix coming sometime this week, so make sure you stay on top of upgrades.

Continued success,
Ryan

In my experience, if it is an actual product problem and not configuration, you can get MS to not charge you. Make sure you ask for the freebie!

I most certainly will, thanks for the heads up Fujiphone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back